- Dow, S&P higher on trade talk optimism, Nasdaq slips on tech weakness August 20, 2018The S&P 500 and Dow Industrials rose on Monday on optimism around the upcoming Sino-U.S. trade talks, but the Nasdaq fell as technology stocks retreated.
- PepsiCo puts fizz into healthy drinks with $3.2 billion SodaStream deal August 20, 2018PepsiCo will buy carbonated drink-machine maker SodaStream for $3.2 billion as it battles Coca-Cola for an edge in the health-conscious beverage market.
- Cautious optimism for U.S.-China trade talks lifts shares August 20, 2018A gauge of global equity markets rose on Monday on hopes the U.S.-China trade dispute will cool at talks this week, while Turkey's lira fell anew after cuts to the country's credit ratings and shots were fired outside the U.S. Embassy in Ankara.
- With record in view, aging U.S. bull market may still be frisky August 20, 2018Why settle for nine-and-a-half years when you can do an even 10 or better? That’s the thinking of a lot of investors measuring whether a historically long run in U.S. stocks still has legs.
- Exclusive: Standard Chartered sells principal finance business to Actis and ICG August 20, 2018Standard Chartered is in talks to sell its private equity business to Intermediate Capital Group (ICG), a source with direct knowledge of the deal said on Monday, as part of a broader disposal of its 'principal finance' investment business.
- Dow, S&P higher on trade talk optimism, Nasdaq slips on tech weakness August 20, 2018